- Write #succinct text which contain links to more information; Twitter allows 140 characters per tweet, which is the length of this sentence.
- Shorter is generally better. Try to keep tweets to 120 characters. Short sentences are easier to read and retweet.
- Example: It would be untimely to post a light hearted post if a related and serious topic was #trending on #social media.
- Remain up-to-date on #current events. Decide when it's #appropriate to tweet (or not) about news items which concern your #followers.
- Your followers are not tweeting about similar topics to you? Detail in the #bio the topics you will discuss & stay on topic 90% of the time.
- Stick to your twitter account theme most of the time and you will attract and build an audience who is interested in #that topic.