How to set-up a Flickr account
When setting up a Flickr account, the first place you have to start is Yahoo! Yahoo! owns Flickr so you need a Yahoo! account in order to set up your Flickr account. If you do not have a Yahoo! account you can create one by following the steps below. If you already have a Yahoo! account then skip to step 5.
- Go to www.yahoo.com/registration.
- Fill in the details required: You will need to enter your name, birth date, gender and location. Next you will select a user name that you will use to access your email account as well as a password. Both pieces of information should be unique.
- Lastly, you will need to agree to the Terms of Service. You should take the time to read the document and understand the Terms of Service for the Yahoo! website.
- Once you have done this press the “Create My Account” button.
- Sign In as a New User at www.Flickr.com and you will be guided through the set up procedure.
Tips for successful image sharing
- Think about your audience when choosing images. What kinds of images will be most helpful to them or best portray your communication objectives? If relevant, ensure your images are culturally-appropriate.
- Be thoughtful about selecting, naming, describing and tagging images. Do you need to post all of the images available or will posting only the best images serve the viewer’s better?
- Have strong content that people want to see and that is interesting, exciting and relevant.
- Consider engaging online communities and encouraging viewers to add tags, notes, and comments.
- Link your Flickr account to your website using the official icon. This will raise your profile.